Help with SR185 fork seals replacement

tiger lady
This post is 3478 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tiger ... it is nice to meet another Biker Lady ... I do not have the exact answer ... they do make a Haynes manual for that model ... however if you have removed the front wheel and the axle ... and cleaned the bottom of the forks very well ... and are now sure there are no screws ... clean the seal area very well and ... look for a heavy duty snap ring in the top of the forks above the seals ... for if they are not held in at the bottom ... they are normally held via a snap ring at the top ... Karen

I'm trying to change the fork seals on a 1982 SR185 and there is no screw at the bottom of the forks to separate the tubes. Anyone know how to separate them?

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to change the fork seals on a 1982 SR185 and there is no screw at the bottom of the forks to separate the tubes. Anyone know how to separate them?

Dera Tiger lady

Go to yamaha sr185 group at yahoo and you can dowm load the manual for this bike and it shows you how to do it, and yes there are no screws, there is a special tool for this but you can do it useing a vice after you remove the clips on top of the seal underneath the protective dust boot.

Regards

bul1955

• 4 years later...

Tonyyam. This is a 2010 post your about as likely to get a reply as to win the lottery !!! Try an INTRO in the new member section and then a question in the WORKSHOP section, it's nice to say "Hi" before you ask for advice. Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to have new folks join in. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online