Bike is dead :(

This post is 5106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Gilera RCR 50 has broken, and i don't know how. Recently the exhaust fell off but we welded it back on after a day or 2 without the muffler. THe exhaust has fallen off again and now it wont pull more than 10MPH uphill and 30MPH DOWNHILL!!!!!! IF i pull the clutch in it will cut out and it will not kick start. Can anyone help me :( Im desperate to fix it so i can get my 125. I know it's not related to a yamaha but i really need help, any help is appreciated THANK YOU!! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Gilera RCR 50 has broken, and i don't know how. Recently the exhaust fell off but we welded it back on after a day or 2 without the muffler. THe exhaust has fallen off again and now it wont pull more than 10MPH uphill and 30MPH DOWNHILL!!!!!! IF i pull the clutch in it will cut out and it will not kick start. Can anyone help me sad.gif Im desperate to fix it so i can get my 125. I know it's not related to a yamaha but i really need help, any help is appreciated THANK YOU!! smile.gif

You need the exhaust on inorder for the bike to work propperly. With it off there is an upset in the fuel/miking.

You need the exhaust on inorder for the bike to work propperly. With it off there is an upset in the fuel/miking.

A while ago the same thing happen'd to the exhaust the muffler came disloged and we had none of the above problems, it went a bit faster and made alot more noise.

Thats why im confused :(

A while ago the same thing happen'd to the exhaust the muffler came disloged and we had none of the above problems, it went a bit faster and made alot more noise.

Thats why im confused sad.gif

Well for a bit the bike doesnt know the scielincer/muffler is off and so it will work fine for a while, but then after a bit (as if the bike has a brain) it realises that exhaust gasses are taken away faster than normal then this disturbes the usual mixing of the fuel (by having no back pressure) so the carb is now not set up right to be running without an exhaust.

Thats my thaughts anyway but maby im wrong.

Have you been messing with any other settings on the bike ?

Well for a bit the bike doesnt know the scielincer/muffler is off and so it will work fine for a while, but then after a bit (as if the bike has a brain) it realises that exhaust gasses are taken away faster than normal then this disturbes the usual mixing of the fuel (by having no back pressure) so the carb is now not set up right to be running without an exhaust.

Thats my thaughts anyway but maby im wrong.

Have you been messing with any other settings on the bike ?

Could be right. Could a lack of oil be a factor into this?

Could be right. Could a lack of oil be a factor into this?

engine/gearbox oil---- not really but is should have enough in it so that it is not about to seize up

2 stroke oil---- definatly, your engine will be running hot and have no power and on its way to seizing up forever.

engine/gearbox oil---- not really but is should have enough in it so that it is not about to seize up

2 stroke oil---- definatly, your engine will be running hot and have no power and on its way to seizing up forever.

Right, so i should fill it up with 2 stroke oil, replace the exhaust and remap it and it should run fine again?

Right, so i should fill it up with 2 stroke oil, replace the exhaust and remap it and it should run fine again?

just fix the exhaust and give it fresh oil then see what its like but warm it up for 10 min b4 you go out to make sure all is ok.

you might get away with not having to "remap" or change the carb settings.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online