Help with this two stroke...

Cody Hassell
This post is 5127 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have decided to build my own bike with parts I can get cheap, first thing I need to do if figure out what this engine is, I have kinda pegged it as an R1 but can't figure out what year it is. It has 348cc molded into it and the engine ID# is R1-09409.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have decided to build my own bike with parts I can get cheap, first thing I need to do if figure out what this engine is, I have kinda pegged it as an R1 but can't figure out what year it is. It has 348cc molded into it and the engine ID# is R1-09409.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

R1 has to be,mid to late sixties i reckon

merv

R1 has to be,mid to late sixties i reckon

merv

Thanks Merv, This is the one that i offered up to the guy wanting the modern R1 engine, Haha. After lookin into it I think I'm going to go ahead and put it on the bike anyway, just looking to get some info on it so I know what parts to get...

Thanks Merv, This is the one that i offered up to the guy wanting the modern R1 engine, Haha. After lookin into it I think I'm going to go ahead and put it on the bike anyway, just looking to get some info on it so I know what parts to get...

Here you go, i'm not saying your motor is 1967 but this link will take you to a picture of one, a 1967 (Y)R1 350

Yamaha R1 350

I'd be looking at what its worth first. Even wrecked i bet it would pay for a far better motor to build a bike round. It will cost a packet to do up as well, everything will be expensive.

Crikey DT175 parts are getting tricky to drag up and they are like belly button fluff compared to these.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online