XS400 Frame, XS360 Conversion

skarpenz
This post is 5126 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Still working on my long time project. Finally got a XS360 seat and tank and the tank I can make work on the XS400 frame but the seat is another matter, can someone post some pics of their XS360 frames again? I need a pic under the seat this time. Also, is the rear fender and tail light the same between both models?

In case no one knows, I'm using a late 70's XS400 special frame and engine and putting XS360 pieces on it to make it a little more sporty (also the same as the regular XS400, its just easier to call it a XS360 conversion since they basically all looked alike).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Still working on my long time project. Finally got a XS360 seat and tank and the tank I can make work on the XS400 frame but the seat is another matter, can someone post some pics of their XS360 frames again? I need a pic under the seat this time. Also, is the rear fender and tail light the same between both models?

In case no one knows, I'm using a late 70's XS400 special frame and engine and putting XS360 pieces on it to make it a little more sporty (also the same as the regular XS400, its just easier to call it a XS360 conversion since they basically all looked alike).

the xs special/heritage frame are a lot different than the standared frames as the seats are stepped. it would have been easier to put an xs400 engine in the 360 frame as the mounts are identical!

the xs special/heritage frame are a lot different than the standared frames as the seats are stepped. it would have been easier to put an xs400 engine in the 360 frame as the mounts are identical!

I understand the logic of your idea but I'm working with what I have. Ideally I would have just bought an XS360 but the bike and all the parts have cost me $120 so far (complete XS400 and the XS360 parts included).

I understand the logic of your idea but I'm working with what I have. Ideally I would have just bought an XS360 but the bike and all the parts have cost me $120 so far (complete XS400 and the XS360 parts included).

Wish I could help you, but I don't have the old style bike. What i do know- and obviously you do as well since you have the bike, is that even though the seat is stepped, the frame is flat under there. I can't imagine there is that much difference.

Wish I could help you, but I don't have the old style bike. What i do know- and obviously you do as well since you have the bike, is that even though the seat is stepped, the frame is flat under there. I can't imagine there is that much difference.

The frame WILL fit the old style seat as I have laid it on the frame. But I have no hardware (as my donor XS400 had no seat) to try and mount it. Thats why I'd like some pics of a XS360 and XS400 (old) with the seat up so I can take a look and see also where the rear fender mounts on the older ones.