DTR125 Carb Help

roli
This post is 5138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone , i must say im new to this and new to my dtr , i bought this bike last week as a fixer upper dirt bike , but i have noticed that the bike had a mikuni tm series carb on it , quite a big one at that , but my problem is that was not sitting right in the place where it goes in the engine and the air box pipe had been doctored to hell with silicone tubing , lol , so i decided to sell that carb on ebay and buy a original one , but what i wanted to know is mine is suppose to be a 99-2000 model but would a carb from a 2006 dt or a 2007 dtr fit my engine ??

please help me as this is driving me bonkers and cant fins advice anywhere

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone , i must say im new to this and new to my dtr , i bought this bike last week as a fixer upper dirt bike , but i have noticed that the bike had a mikuni tm series carb on it , quite a big one at that , but my problem is that was not sitting right in the place where it goes in the engine and the air box pipe had been doctored to hell with silicone tubing , lol , so i decided to sell that carb on ebay and buy a original one , but what i wanted to know is mine is suppose to be a 99-2000 model but would a carb from a 2006 dt or a 2007 dtr fit my engine ??

please help me as this is driving me bonkers and cant fins advice anywhere

It should do, but you will probably have to change the main jet to a 210 and also the power jet is supposedly different, but that is part of the float bowl on the bottom of the carb as far as i know.

Maybe someone else on here will give you a clearer answer.

Vez.

The second one will fit although i cant say for sure it will run right without changing the jets in side.( a jet is a brass screw type component that has holes of a certain size in it, well basically, and are changed to various sizes for tuning purposes)

Is your bike tuned in anyway? i.e like a after market exhaust (a DEP or big-one).

or is it totally standard?

Some pictures would be nice and maybe help to answer the above.

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online