EXUP question

Rich
This post is 7183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got my EXUP pretty much sorted now, valve clearances done, exup valve sorted and set up, carbs balanced etc.

In town though, I find second gear a bit tall for some really slow corners, especially up hill? Below 25mph, second gear is about 2000rpm and the bike tends to chatter below this speed if the throttle is wound open much :?

Is this normal? Apart from this she rides very nicely and goes really well.

Cheers :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've encountered that chatter before also.......I think it's just that weird ratio span between 1st & 2nd gear's........sounds like you're going just the right speed.....a bit too slow for 2nd & a bit too fast for 1st

Just my 2cents worth :wink:

• Admin

Yeah that sounds right mate, it does get a bit annoying but you could always change the sproket :roll:

Thanks for that, not just my riding then  :wink:  Apart from that, it's an awesome bike - the pull in second gear is amazing and takes it to almost 100mph  8)

:lol:

try nailing it in 3rd and feel the back slide off the power 8)

• 5 weeks later...

i've only just found this newsgroup so excuse my ignorance but what was your exup problem and how did you get it fixed.

i have a Y2K R! and am having a nightmare swapping servoes and oilling cables etc... i now have a 98 servo in a Y2K bike and still have the 7000 tango but only after a quick turn around. the dealer recommends that i buy a new CDI unit but i'm not happy about this, a lot of money and maybe not a fix in sight.

Robin

Rich,

changing the sprocket ratios will fix it, but will obviously affect accelaration/top end, an easier solution is to take the corners/junctions in 2nd gear with a little power on and slip the clutch all the way through the turn, it'll be much smoother :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online