starting and running

muffdiver
This post is 5150 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was hoping that some of you goodpeaple could help me out with this what feels like not such a little problem.

I currently have a XVS125 which was running nicely, then while out a few weeks ago it started to snow quite heavily and at first there was no problem, but then i suddenly started to lose power and speed, when i pulled it into a lay-by and let it return to tick over it just died a death on me.

I called out the mechanic's who did the check for a spark and he found the the rear pot had a good spark while the front pot was weak and intermitan, since i got iut home and left it to dry out i have checked and replaced both plugs and have i believe a decent spark on both plugs, but still the bike refuses to start, while attemping to get it running i removed the plugs again to find that although the rear plug sparks while out when i took it out it was wet through with petrol while the front plug was dry.

is there anybody out there that has any ideas or that can help me please.

regards dave.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a quick and easy thing to try that may help, possibly??.... go through all the electrical connections and clean them, then reconnect them (for christ`s sake dont muddle them up).

sometimes moisture can get into places you would not believe!

what about a plug change?

HT caps?

hi, yes did the plug change, although i did start to wonder if it was possibly 1 or even both of the coils, as i recall having had a starting problem once that strangely seemed to only last a day after which it started everytime ... again :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online