big end problems on xvs650

dragstardave
This post is 5158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi anyone had problems with big ends on the xvs650 engines i have got three 650s all with the same problem just wonderd if it was a common problem ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

All three??!!

Blimey, sounds like a serious bit of shitty luck there, mate.... :o

My ex had big end problems with hers.

She bought it off a girl who'd ragged it to feck, done her own mods, pissed about with it and generally mistreated the thing. It'd had several paint changes, each one atop the other. She ditched that and went with a Blade instead.

I never did find out the actual cause, but probably lack of regular maintenance and general abuse.

It's not a common problem that I know of. Mine is absolutely fine, as is my other half's, as are all the others in my town, as are all the others I know the owners of. I'm not suggesting abuse on your part, but if they were secondhand buys then perhaps the owners didn't look after them?

So why do they call you Dragstar Dave, then?

Hi Taskmaster should have said i did not brake all of these myself.only one just thought it may be a problem that was common.all engines have done 20,000-30,000 miles.mine started knocking on the way back from wooton bassett last weekend so its back to the shed for me.time to get me spanners out.the nickname dragstar came about when i was the first to get a dragstar in the village now we have five owners and i own three aswell.used to be such a quiet village lol.

Mine's done over 46,000 and not a peep.

the nickname dragstar came about when i was the first to get a dragstar in the village now we have five owners and i own three aswell.used to be such a quiet village lol.

I jest, I jest.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online