Strength of the XT660z sidestand?

This post is 5168 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,I am after some advice,The XT 660 z is a tall old beast, and ive currently got a problem with the cartiledge in my left knee, does anyone know if the sidestand would be strong enough to actualy climb on the bike from, as opposed to trying to get on to it from the ground. appologies for a daft question but its proving a prob climbing aboard as it is, for me. i wonder because on my old XT600 the sidestand actually sheared off up near the weld at the top pivot point, never used to use the stand to climb aboard on that, as it was a fair bit lower, not sure why it broke, had it welded at the time and the guy said the metal at that point was way to thin so maybe was a defect in manufacture. at the time did contact yamaha, but as the bike was out of warranty then,so no joy, so thats why im wondering if its going to be wise to try and use the stand on the Tenere?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

does anyone know if the sidestand would be strong enough to actualy climb on the bike from,

Yes, is the short answer.

There are few people who are a little short for the Ten, and I've seen it done over and over without incident. Just be aware (as I'm sure you already are) that suspension compresses a fair way when you do.

just make sure the foot doesn't bury itself in soft ground, or fit a camel-toe extension or makes something similar (easliy done).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online