How do I upload images?

Alchemy Roy
This post is 5169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Excuse my extreme thickness, but how do I upload images onto the forum?

(It's at times like this that I wish we were all still using the abacus).

Please help.....AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH...........

Thanks,

Roy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Roy,

Nah...abacii are out of development now. They only ran on Windows 3.1 :rolleyes:

Anyway, you need to post the images somewhere else first and then click the 'Insert Image' icon in the reply editor and paste in the URL and path to the file.

You could use Photobucket or Flickr or similar and they'll give you the URL, or if they're images from your own website, you should be able right click on the image, go to 'properties' or 'view image' depending on how its built and what browser you're using grab the path from there or from the Address Bar.

So what you want to get is the 'http://www.alchemybikes.co.uk/Images/Products/Zoom/ACF2E9.jpg' and once you've put this in using the Insert Image icon it will look like....

ACF2E9.jpg

Voila!

Jim

Roy,

Nah...abacii are out of development now. They only ran on Windows 3.1 :rolleyes:

Anyway, you need to post the images somewhere else first and then click the 'Insert Image' icon in the reply editor and paste in the URL and path to the file.

You could use Photobucket or Flickr or similar and they'll give you the URL, or if they're images from your own website, you should be able right click on the image, go to 'properties' or 'view image' depending on how its built and what browser you're using grab the path from there or from the Address Bar.

So what you want to get is the 'http://www.alchemybikes.co.uk/Images/Products/Zoom/ACF2E9.jpg' and once you've put this in using the Insert Image icon it will look like....

ACF2E9.jpg

Voila!

Jim

Many thanks Jim. As usual, you are my rock and inspiration. A force to be reckoned with. I want to make public that when next we meet, I will not only make you an entire cup of tea, but I'll throw in some real sugar...

...Please compose yourself.....

Royston

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online