Fuel Injection fault....

nickm
This post is 5183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Today on the motorway, I overtook a car and pulled into the middle lane, eased on the throttle but the bike only kept on increasing the speed...twisted the throttle a few times and it did not respond..it was getting very dangerous... pressed the clutch and the engine was revving like mad...I managed to pull on the hard shoulder and switched off the engine. Checked the throttle cable and the linkages....it was all ok so I started the bike again and it started screaming at maximum revs....Any ideas anyone....arranging for the local dealer to pick the bike and have a look at it....once done it has to go..and also I was told they have discontinued making the Fazers...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Today on the motorway, I overtook a car and pulled into the middle lane, eased on the throttle but the bike only kept on increasing the speed...twisted the throttle a few times and it did not respond..it was getting very dangerous... pressed the clutch and the engine was revving like mad...I managed to pull on the hard shoulder and switched off the engine. Checked the throttle cable and the linkages....it was all ok so I started the bike again and it started screaming at maximum revs....Any ideas anyone....arranging for the local dealer to pick the bike and have a look at it....once done it has to go..and also I was told they have discontinued making the Fazers...

Now this is something i have no personal experience of, but with the prevailing weather contitions...could it be carb icing?

Google it ;)

Now this is something i have no personal experience of, but with the prevailing weather contitions...could it be carb icing?

Google it ;)

The bike is fuel injected...

The bike is now repaired...grit in the throttle body! Also the warning light problem solved....corroded wires at the plugs...total cost...192..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online