fzr600 genesis running problem

gary5661
This post is 5186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i bought an fzr600 genesis 1991, which hasnt been on the road for the last six years, now it will rev up lovely in neutral but as soon as its in gear and under load it misses and splutters till about 6000rpm then it clears and goes like a nutter right the way to the red line can anyone help me to resolve this please ,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would start with the easy stuff like a new set of plugs, check HT leads, plug caps etc but suspect your carbs will need stripping down & cleaning properly if it hasn't been started & used regurlarly in the last 6 years.

I would start with the easy stuff like a new set of plugs, check HT leads, plug caps etc but suspect your carbs will need stripping down & cleaning properly if it hasn't been started & used regurlarly in the last 6 years.

it will probally be the jets that need unblocking, if the carbs have had 6 year old fuel in in will be like jelly strip the carbs and then fresh fuel then take it for a spin up the road and back and see what it like

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online