Classic??

discobandit
This post is 5192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

what are peoples opinions on "What is a classic"?

My personal view is that it is something special that no body else had done or a new innovation that everybody else followed.

My TR1 is classed as a classic by insurance companies but only because of it's age. I though age related to vintage?

The bike itself is based on ideas taken from "Vincent" which in my mind built a few classics that are now vintage!!!!

I hope you see where I'm coming from? just something to mull over this wintery weekend!!

By the way, any more TR1 owners out there?

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

what are peoples opinions on "What is a classic"?

My personal view is that it is something special that no body else had done or a new innovation that everybody else followed.

My TR1 is classed as a classic by insurance companies but only because of it's age. I though age related to vintage?

The bike itself is based on ideas taken from "Vincent" which in my mind built a few classics that are now vintage!!!!

I hope you see where I'm coming from? just something to mull over this wintery weekend!!

By the way, any more TR1 owners out there?

Gary

As far as it matters, classic is regarded as over 15years old. Its the minimum required to exhibit at the summer steam rallies. (gets you into a lot of em for nowt with cheap beer :D , well used to) 25 would once upon a time would have been classed as vintage but i think thats been changed now.

I believe you are looking at the late 50's these days to be classed as vintage. The old brit lads dont like the amount of 30 year old jap stuff that is still running around :P so they changed the rules :rolleyes: .

I think both of mine are clasics in your sense. The DT was an icon in its day, the TDR? Well it is still just as left field as it ever was.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online