Clutch problem?

workers85
This post is 5210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys after a bit of advice,

My clutch appears to have stopped working, the cable hasnt snapped, but if i start the bike and select 1st or 2nd it just jumps forward and stalls. I did drop it before this started rode about 2 miles to work with no issue and then when i came to go home this happened.

If the bike is off and im in nuetral i can push it freely but if a select a gear and pull the clutch and try to push it locks the wheel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

Maybe a bent lever thats not allowing enough movement in the clutch, or even a stretched cable.

You probably need to make sure the clutch does disengage, as when you are in neutral the clutch is bypassed totally. I'm not familiar with either bike you own(presuming its the ccm with the time of year). Try tightening the cable(as suggested) to see if you can get the clutch to disengage. or if that doesn't work, is there a lever on the engine end of the cable that you can try and move, and then roll the bike while in gear to see if the clutch itself is still functioning ?

Does sound strange that it would happen so fast.

Maybe someone else has a better idea as to what is happening, I'm just clutching at straws here (no pun intended,honest) :unsure: .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online