Just got an XS 360

gs360
This post is 5177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Drew, I have a looooot of slack, I finally got the old girl running and took a risk shifting the tranny on the center stand, I had the adjustment screw at the very end. I will get a box spanner and do what you said, but will it take up ~10mm?

should do

Another thing, how do I NOT use a battery? I have seen a lot of bar hoppers, bobbers and cafe racers with no battery in it and I like the way it looks.

no can do with the xs range need power to excite the field coil.

if you ditch the starter, you could get away with a 4amp battery

DAAAH!!! Anoyone know where I can a find a fuel tank damper? I have looked on bikebandit, cmsnl.com, oldbikebarn and ebay there are none to be found. It's part #12 from here

DAAAH!!! Anoyone know where I can a find a fuel tank damper? I have looked on bikebandit, cmsnl.com, oldbikebarn and ebay there are none to be found. It's part #12 from here

but not here :eusa_whistle:

1L9-24181-00-00 DAMPER,LOCATING 1 XS360 C 1L9 4 left

$14.55

http://216.168.60.165/speedandsportinc/Index.tpl

and here

http://www.pgmyamaha.com/mk109.html

Raask makes a set that is supposed to work. I saw somewhere where a guy bought a set on eBay off of a Maxim/Seca and mounted them to his XS360/400. Here is a link for some XS650 rearsets that would be easy to convert but they look like there mounted with bushings instead of bearings, I think you would have to e-mail to find out specifics: XS650 Rearsets

I saw those, but I can't fathom why they are $300, ITS ALUMINUM!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's an update. I have the handlebar, mirrors, throttle body and new throttle cable ordered and they come in on Mon. I also have the tank painted (still have to do some trim) and the seat pan I pick up on Mon as well. Now I need a suggestion for tires. I was thinking either Avon Mark II or the Dunlop K81. I'm going for a Brat style bike, any suggestions?

AND, is there any way to post a picture with out an HTTP link?

Is there any way to insert a picture with out an HTTP link?

You have to download your pic to a photo sharing site like photobucket and then copy img code and paste to your forum post.

~ Drewpy

How do I re-jet the carbs for a no mufflers? I got her to run but the left cylinder is popping, where as it wasn't with the muffler on. Any tips or tricks?

~ Drewpy

How do I re-jet the carbs for a no mufflers? I got her to run but the left cylinder is popping, where as it wasn't with the muffler on. Any tips or tricks?

Here is a link that might help you get in the ballpark: http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Motorcycle_Carburetor_Jetting__W7.cfm

grumble grumble grumble curse curse curse!!! Dropped the bike and dented the tank.

OK, now the real question, When the bike is running I have exhaust coming out the Head Gasket. Is this most likely because it's not tight enough or did I blow it running with out an air filter (not driving, just in the garage checking the engine, starter, timing, ect...)

...I'm completely lost jetting the carbs. Does the measurement mean turns or the jet size?

EDIT: NM I did some more research, I figured it out. BUUUT what size are the OEM jets? And as per the web site: 2 for no muffler, 2 for individual intakes, and 2? for no filter (panty hose filter really)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online