loss of power or flat spot on aerox100

kishan
This post is 5220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey i keep experiencing a flat spot or a loss of power when i go to accelerate off does anyone know what might be causing this on the aerox100 :S could the rollers need changing or the spark plug need changing?recently had new clutch system fitted as my other one was burnt out and had new drive belt fitted could they need adjusting or could it be the carb thats causing it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

easiest way to find out is to get the rollers out and check for flat spots, how old are the rollers? does it have this problem when it pulls off? if it does all the time it could be that the springs in the clutch are to soft

think the rollers are just under 1 yr old and yeah its when i go to pull off if the springs are soft does it just need readjusting to there is some tention on the springs?

id say your rollers will need replacing but its all down to millage and how you ride it when i had my blaster i was going through rollers every months, and if it does it every time you pull away from a standstill its more then likely the fact the clutch springs are to soft so it is trying to pull off in the lower revs where the engine just doesnt have enough power, if this is the case you will need to get some stiffer springs as they cant be adjusted on these clutches, although it is quiet a fiddly job,

id say your rollers will need replacing but its all down to millage and how you ride it when i had my blaster i was going through rollers every months, and if it does it every time you pull away from a standstill its more then likely the fact the clutch springs are to soft so it is trying to pull off in the lower revs where the engine just doesnt have enough power, if this is the case you will need to get some stiffer springs as they cant be adjusted on these clutches, although it is quiet a fiddly job,

hey mate yeah it is during low revs where the bike losses power when i go to pull away like it wants to cut or like its a flat spot i had a new clutch cyctem fitted as my other one was burnt out hmmm will get the garage to check it out at the next service thanks mate :)