Help

Old Dog
This post is 5215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just read a post asking for help with a Blackbird. Well here is another one. My Blackbird which I need to sell to pay for the dragstar has a little problem. I have it on an optimiser which charges up the battery which is new to replace the old battery as I thought it was faulty when I had stopped the bike abd it wouldent start again. I rode the bike the other weekend and stalled the bike and it refused to start so I guess it is not being charged. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I need to check?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just read a post asking for help with a Blackbird. Well here is another one. My Blackbird which I need to sell to pay for the dragstar has a little problem. I have it on an optimiser which charges up the battery which is new to replace the old battery as I thought it was faulty when I had stopped the bike abd it wouldent start again. I rode the bike the other weekend and stalled the bike and it refused to start so I guess it is not being charged. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I need to check?

Thanks in advance for your help.

you'll need a multimeter on DC and connect on battery terminals.

It should read 12.5 v, with engine started @ 4k revs should be between 13.5 and 15 volts.

you'll need a multimeter on DC and connect on battery terminals.

It should read 12.5 v, with engine started @ 4k revs should be between 13.5 and 15 volts.

Still finding my way round. Just found your reply, Thanks for your help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online