Aftermarket silencers for xtz660 tenere?

This post is 4239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone, am thinking of fitting some aftermarket silencers to my 08 tenere, fed up with it sounding like my Flymo, have seen some leovince ones on ebay from Italy, what are leovince like, Quality and sound wise? and are they a pig to fit? there around £360 on ebay , think thats around £60.00 cheaper than uk prices. not sure if its a good idea buying direct from italy as if theres any probs, then would be a lot of hassle. would anymods to fuel injection be needed after fitting these.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Everyone, am thinking of fitting some aftermarket silencers to my 08 tenere,

First things first, it's a XT660Z, not a XTZ660, that is a completely different bike! I know it's a bit pedantic but you need to be clear when you order bits......

LeoVince are the cheapest aftermarket cans you can get, and they are a popular choice loved by most who buy them. I say most as the power gains are small in comparison. They are good quality and easy to fit, after you get the OE one off that is!

I've got the stock can on mine, and it certainly doesn't sound like a Flymo..... and a quick blip of the throttle can set off a car alarm.

To get the best out of the power of the motor you need to free up the air intake, stick in a Powercommander and away you go....

Nothing wrong with LeoVince, I considered it, then rejected it as I'm waiting for a single cat-less can to hit the market, I don't see the point in going from a single can to a dual can setup.

First things first, it's a XT660Z, not a XTZ660, that is a completely different bike! I know it's a bit pedantic but you need to be clear when you order bits......

LeoVince are the cheapest aftermarket cans you can get, and they are a popular choice loved by most who buy them. I say most as the power gains are small in comparison. They are good quality and easy to fit, after you get the OE one off that is!

I've got the stock can on mine, and it certainly doesn't sound like a Flymo..... and a quick blip of the throttle can set off a car alarm.

To get the best out of the power of the motor you need to free up the air intake, stick in a Powercommander and away you go....

Nothing wrong with LeoVince, I considered it, then rejected it as I'm waiting for a single cat-less can to hit the market, I don't see the point in going from a single can to a dual can setup.

Thankyou for the info Gas up, interesting point about the noise, still running mine in, only 400 miles so only reving to 4.5 so guess it will sound better when i can give it more revs, still not sure about aftermarket silencers for it, £ 350 still a fair bit of dosh esspecially this time of year ,[ moaning wife whining kids, ] that kinda thing. can just see em looking beneath the tree, and one big box labbeled Leovince! ill be a dead man!

• 1 year later...

Has anyone any experience of fitting the Leo Vince pipes ?

I have just bought some from Italy and having removed the original muffler, there appears to be some sort of foil tape and possibly a ring on the end of the header pipe making it too big for the new link pipe to fit over.

Is this part of the original set up or is it something the previous owner may have done ?

Am I ok to remove it to get the new link pipe on ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Fletch

Has anyone any experience of fitting the Leo Vince pipes ?

I know lots of people who have fitted these, but alas I'm not one of them. The best place to get this information is over on XT660.com, pop over & join up, make an introduction in the Newbies Lounge and ask away with your questions.

BTW - Whilst you are over there you'll find out how to give these bikes more Uuumph as the pipes just don't do it, the engine needs to breath.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online