Bike Parking?

JohnR6
This post is 7216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering, can you park your bike anywhere in town centres? Just as long as it's not in the way or anything? Can I just chain it to a fence or something would that be OK? The traffic warden won't get me right?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you'll find that unless it is in a bike parking bay they can do you. If you put it on the pavement it's ' obstruction' and let's face it if they think they can they will!

Technically your bike should ALWAYS be parked on the road, unless in a marked bay designated for Motorcycles only.

However, the strictness or application of the law differs from area to area, council to council.

Some use a little common sense, realising just how vulnerable our pride and joy is to those scum bags out there. :evil:

Others have never heard of common sense, let alone know what it means and apply the law as often, and as harshly as they can! :evil:

If you are new to biking, or just to the area, best advice I can think of is be very vigilant, both of the Scum bags that wanna nick your bike, and the other side of the law that just wanna nick You! Ask a passing copper, traffic warden, parking attendant, Flying Pig !! :D:D:D:D

:wink: Strange, they're never there when ya need them, just appear as you leave somehow :twisted:

• Admin

Well down where i live they are all feckers. In brighton there are only 2 bike bays that i know of, and are outside of the 'city'. Anyway i was in a voucher bay as this was the only place i could find to park. I asked a 'traffic attendent' if i need to still buy a voucher, as a)where can i stick it and B) it will just get nicked. He said that i have to buy a voucher and it is my responsiblilty to securly attach it! I asked him well if you saw a bike with no ticket would you fine them, Of course he said Feking w@nker so i just went home and spent 90mins driving 8miles :evil:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online