TY50 Flywheel Puller Size?

grotto
This post is 5266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a rough as TY 50 with no spark.

I want to check the stator coils and points, but need to get the flywheel off.

I'm not sure on the size of the puller I need, and have to get one ordered in to the shop (they won't refund if it's the wrong size).

Yamaha dealers can't tell me the size as the bikes too old.

I've measured the pitch and reckon it's 1.0

The hole is 26mm, which I guess would equate to 27mm, but am not sure

Also, it's hard to see if it's reverse thread or not.

Hopefully some kind expert will help me out so I can take the first (of many) steps towards getting it running again

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

don't know if this helps but call Trail & Trails UK on 0845 108 1167. They have plenty of stuff for TY's. I've had quite a bit off them for my DT including a puller for about 9 quid. The owner is very helpful. Cheers

I think you will find the puller is a standard size for Yamahas for all the two strokes.The main thread of the puller is a left hand thread that screws into the flywheel so you screw it in anti-clock wise as you look at the flywheel.If you can't find one give Taymar Racing a call on 01732 824171 or 07968 350878 if you are in the UK .Tony.

Hi, grotto. I saw your post in the tytrials.co.uk forum. They are selling the flywheel puller for your bike, there.

Have a look where it says for which models is it.

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/trailandtrialsuk/prod_192607-TY80-Flywheel-Puller.html

Thanks guys,

I'm in New Zealand and don't really want to wait a couple of weeks for one to come out by mail.

I can get one here, but the shop has to order them in, and won't refund if it's the wrong size.

I may just take a punt and get a 27mm thread one

IIRC it's the same puller as used on Honda Cubs, and they MUST be scattered all over the place - your local Honda shop would likely have one on the shelf.

You're welcome

• Who's Online (See full list)