Yzf750 handlebar change?

grant74
This post is 5308 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody - was wondering if anybody can shed light on a query I have. I have a 96 Yamaha Yzf750R. It's totally standard apart from scorpion can. The problem I have is with the handlebars. I find them quite uncomfortable, heavy on the wrists etc - especially in slow moving traffic. I wanna keep the bike but sometimes I wish I could fit it with straight bars or at least some that are more wrist-friendly! Any ideas folks? I dont really want to streetfighter it, but I'm open to all suggestions! many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everybody - was wondering if anybody can shed light on a query I have. I have a 96 Yamaha Yzf750R. It's totally standard apart from scorpion can. The problem I have is with the handlebars. I find them quite uncomfortable, heavy on the wrists etc - especially in slow moving traffic. I wanna keep the bike but sometimes I wish I could fit it with straight bars or at least some that are more wrist-friendly! Any ideas folks? I dont really want to streetfighter it, but I'm open to all suggestions! many thanks.

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my thundercat and got some handlebar risers (about £40) which enabled me to fit normal bars. The only hassle I had was that I had to get longer brake lines because I put a set of renthals on. I suppose smaller bars (ie not as wide) would remove the need for this.

Hi there - thanks for the suggestion - will certainly look into it, the main prob I can see will be the fairing bracket which may prove a bit of a pain but sure someone will know a good fix! maybe I'll get a spare top yoke so I can revert it back to standard when selling it on etc - but for now I'll look into the risers. cheers dude.