Handlebar lock/stops yzf600

Prodigy
This post is 5313 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, I'm looking for some advice for my 1996 YZF600, i dont know if this is normal or not.

When I turn my handle bars to full lock my thumb is trapped between the tank and grips. I'm pretty sure this is not how it should be.

Can anyone advise me on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thumb over instead of thumb around.

or you could dimple the tank a bit.

in all seriousness though i dont have an answer for you. however, on a bike like that if you were turning that sharp at any speed over walking it out of the drive your thumbs being in the way would very quickly become the least of your troubles.

thumb over instead of thumb around.

or you could dimple the tank a bit.

in all seriousness though i dont have an answer for you. however, on a bike like that if you were turning that sharp at any speed over walking it out of the drive your thumbs being in the way would very quickly become the least of your troubles.

Well I'm curious from low speed maneuvers and also from a safety point of view if I have an accident I dont really want the handlebar to smash my thumb into the tank!

In all seriousness, without altering the tank their isnt much you can do really....

Atleast you can get it to full lock, i altered my bars on my YZF R-125 and i cant even get it to full lock before my wrist becomes incapacitated....

Turns like a beauty at high speed though

In all seriousness, without altering the tank their isnt much you can do really....

Atleast you can get it to full lock, i altered my bars on my YZF R-125 and i cant even get it to full lock before my wrist becomes incapacitated....

Turns like a beauty at high speed though

It's all good, so long as it's meant to be and it's not something in the steering that's come loose or failed I can cope with it as is.

Yeh its no problem,

To be honest there isnt alot of full fairing, sporty type bikes you can get to full lock without adjusting your grip on the bars, otherwise you either lose your thumb in your case, or lose your wrist in mine

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online