Exhaust sytsem or mods for ybr 125

YAMAHA MAN
This post is 5231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I own a ybr 125 but want abit more power from it or make it sound better. I was wandering are there any exhaust cans you can get?? or change anything on the bike itself so it gives abit more power or anyhting thing else becuae i dont know much about bikes.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You're not gunna get any more power out of that 4stroke engine, 5mph at best, you'd get a lot more power from losing weight and getting down low when you ride.

you can get exhaust systems though, search on youtube there's some cool video's. That'll make it sound a bit better, but it's never gunna sound like a 600, it's always gunna have the 125 sound. You need to embrace the 125!

• 3 months later...

Here in Germany some owners changed the standard exhaust to one from NSCS.

Due to law restrictions the usage of the 125 cc bikes is limited to 80 km/h as long as the rider is below the age of 18.

So they just wrote about a »better sound« (whatever that might be) and were not able to tell if there has been any other improvement at all.

Also there is a kit available in Germany. It is from the company »Alpha Tec«.

It includes another crankshaft as well as some replacement for the electronics. With that it should be possible to reach over 105 to 110 km/h (real, not just on the odometer). But it is very expensive. So it can not be found very often.

Greetings, Martin