Oil thread...

plain old dave
This post is 5363 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I run 15W40 Rotella T diesel oil, Cheap and has zinc in it. Not the subject. Question for the forum, though, is has anybody tried Lucas oil stabilizer in either an XS400 or an XS650? The bottle says you can run 10% in a wet-sump bike like an old Yam, but I want to know if it will help with my many oil leaks and possibly quieten things down a bit. I don't have any profound engine issues; bike turns easy starts relatively easy, I just don't like all the OHC valvetrain noise that a mill with 28K will have, and I would think the Lucas would stick to the top end and protect the cam and "bearings" at startup better than even my 15W40 does. I wouldn't think more than 100-150cc at an oil change would be in order.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't bother except to stick with the recommended lube. any messing may affect the wet clutch!