getting rid of battery

ratrodfergy
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am looking to get rid of the battery on my 1973 ct175 I have heard you can fabricate a minimalist wiring harness straight from the magneto, one lead directly to the ignition coil, and another to a voltage regulator mounted under the seat that passes through a fuse then splits off into two leads, one that goes directly to the brakelight switch, and one the goes to a manual switch that powers the headlight and taillight, Has anyone done this? I need help with how to do this to make it into a "naked" bike.

Thanks for your time and help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The battery serves as a filter for the charging system, without one you get very rough DC to all components. The life of the parts will be shorter. Consider one of the new car emergency start kits that uses small dry cell batteries (they appear to be D cell) connected together that supposedly will reinvigorate your car battery after 20 minutes of being plugged into your cigarette lighter. It could be hidden under the seat and would weigh less than the regular battery.

Another idea would be a large capacitor but they are too big for this

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online