scot oiler help

devildfor
This post is 5369 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys me again n now needin a bit of advice

the bike i recently got ( 1st bike) a r6 on a t plate has a scott oiler on it now am i right in sayin this was a after thought or do they come outa factory with 1 .............. i decided to go to yamaha today to get the price for the 24000 service and apart from nearly being raped of 300 notes the nice bastard told me it was wired up wrong with the drip end ( ha ha ) on the top chain going to the front sprocket , not the bottom run going to the rear sprocket but the nice bastard told me how to re route this and so i did ........... whilst re routing the feeder pipe i noticed it had no oil in it so filled up the res with the scotoiler he had given me and the resivoir has a bastard crack in it so oil seeping under rear seat cleaned up and have removed it ................ now for the questions .............

1 is my bike ok to run without this ... obviously its been running for a week now with no oil going onto th chain

2 how do i compensate this , by applying it by hand or somthing til i get a new resivoir

3 how much approx are new scottoilers

cheers and thanx devildfor daz b :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I been usin a Scotoiler on my GSXR11 for 18yrs now,i fitted mine to the front sprocket too,but not on top of the chain,fitted it to the top quarter of the front sprocket and it works a dream,just fit it so it rubs on the side of the front sprocket and gravity will do the rest!,no ugly bits on swing arm nice an discreet,bottle is mounted to the top fairing just by the screeen so it easy to fill and adjust.you be fine to use your bike without one but i can`t recomend them highly enough,sure they pricey,but long term they wort it,and you can keep it if you buy another bike! ;)

Hi there,

I put a Scottoiler on my XVS125 = best thing I did for my chain as keeps it oiled throughout use.

To answer your questions:

1) Your bike is fine to run without the Scottoiler working - the Scottoiler just helps to apply oil to the chain whilst driving but if you oil your chain regularly it'll be fine.

2) If your bike has a centre stand, pop it on that, get a 1/2 inch paint brush + pot of oil and apply to chain at rear sprocket (that's what I do - even with my Scottoiler working, esp if raining a lot). If no centre stand you can do what I originally did (before my bike lift) and paint a bit, wheel forward, paint a bit etc (or you could get one of the spray on oils but I found it went all over my tyre too - not good!!!)

3) I think my Scottoiler cost either £70-80 but if you check their website they might do spare parts?

Hope this helps

Hi there,

I put a Scottoiler on my XVS125 = best thing I did for my chain as keeps it oiled throughout use.

To answer your questions:

1) Your bike is fine to run without the Scottoiler working - the Scottoiler just helps to apply oil to the chain whilst driving but if you oil your chain regularly it'll be fine.

2) If your bike has a centre stand, pop it on that, get a 1/2 inch paint brush + pot of oil and apply to chain at rear sprocket (that's what I do - even with my Scottoiler working, esp if raining a lot). If no centre stand you can do what I originally did (before my bike lift) and paint a bit, wheel forward, paint a bit etc (or you could get one of the spray on oils but I found it went all over my tyre too - not good!!!)

3) I think my Scottoiler cost either £70-80 but if you check their website they might do spare parts?

Hope this helps

cheers chaps mind at rest now .... for a while, sunday 2moz,( he he) i feel a squtch comin on :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online