gone and done a number on meself

ryan-4hw
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

in my haste to craft a new nose cone and arse end from much larger bikes, ive gone and buggered meself up. im carrying way to much weigth on the front end of me little tezzer (granted ive got stage 2 185cc head etc so it still pulls, but im worried about handling, any1 got any tips on sorting this problem b4 the bike gets back on te road? maybe fzr400 fronty forks? maybe a larger set of wheels (not sure about this it involves geomoetry and the thing in school we all swore we wouldnt need! trigonometry) so if any1 got a firm understanding of bike balance and setup i wanna pick there brains!

thankis for reading Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unfortunately ryan,the only way to adjust handling is to ride it,setting up a static bike and expecting it to perform is a tough one!,don`t get carried away by thinking bigger is better on a small bike or any bike!(TZR i`m guessing?)bigger forks(more weight)wider wheels can be harder to turn,it is a mine field of head scratching to get right.if you have the patience to read,i would recomend you go buy a chassis set up manual.THE RACING MOTOR CYCLE,a technical guide for constructors.by john bradley.superb info,and a chassis guide for life!.it is expensive but well printed and robust,i would recomend it to anyone who is half serrious about learning why bike`s work the way they do,and how to make them work with you!.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online