98 thundercat big problems!! help!

thundercat1
This post is 5385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was rideing back home from work today and my chain snapped taking out indicator, chain guard, and numberplate with it. i pushed it home as it was about a mile and a half from my house, when i got back i replaced the chain and sprockets, i thaught it was all over started the bike put it in gear and nothing! it dont move there is a metalic noise coming from the gearbox (i think) its louder and more metalic when i take the oil cap out...

can someone tell me what is wrong and if its hard and expensive to repair as its my only mode of transport cheers jake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be a clutch problem which (hopefully) wouldnt be the end of the world, however, if the chain amanged to lock the output shaft of the gearbox you could have shredded a gear or sheared a shaft.

start with the clutch, take off the engine case and inspect it for any damage, if that checks out then split the cases and give the gearbox a good going over

could be a clutch problem which (hopefully) wouldnt be the end of the world, however, if the chain amanged to lock the output shaft of the gearbox you could have shredded a gear or sheared a shaft.

start with the clutch, take off the engine case and inspect it for any damage, if that checks out then split the cases and give the gearbox a good going over

i changed the chain after this happened and the shaft the front sprocket attaches to was fine and had no play cheers though i will check it over tomorow

i just had a look at the clutch and it is slipping and the metalic noise seems to be the plates moving slightly, but i found that there is oil leaking fron the side the front sprocket is on... i think it is coming from the pin that engages/disengages the clutch.... im in over my head but seriously cant aford to get it fixed by a mechanic. and its my only mode of transport :-(

i just had a look at the clutch and it is slipping and the metalic noise seems to be the plates moving slightly, but i found that there is oil leaking fron the side the front sprocket is on... i think it is coming from the pin that engages/disengages the clutch.... im in over my head but seriously cant aford to get it fixed by a mechanic. and its my only mode of transport :-(

Sorry mate, but you will have to get proper help to sort this one; definately an engine strip if you are "in over youre head". I wager youre box is shagged,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online