Resrictor problem :(

Ski-Dennis
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hope talkin about another bike wont get me in trouble :(

heya peeps me and my friend was out in the country side after finally fixing his vivacity 50(needed a flasher and battery relay and immobilizer was naffed) well we was out say to minuites before his engines sounded like it was crunching :o well.... we both wheeled our bikes home his moped and my yamaha ybr (6 miles) and found the electric start popped of and was gettin in the way of the variator put it back on and titend everything up.

When we did it we decided to take the variator of to see if there was any washer restrictors ? it looks like theres two ? one attualy in the variator itself and 1 behind it a little one but dont know which one it is just need a bit of and idea of which and even if they are restrictors we have a technigas racing exhaust on aswell but not gettin more the 35-40mph out of it any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks SkiDennis

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

usually peds are restricted by means of a washer behind the variator to prevent it opening fully...

im assuming this is what you've found?, if so this needs to be removed and should give a moderate increase to top-end speed, there will also probably be a few more restrictions such as the air intake and the exhaust manifold which need to be removed for more power

Hope talkin about another bike wont get me in trouble :(

heya peeps me and my friend was out in the country side after finally fixing his vivacity 50(needed a flasher and battery relay and immobilizer was naffed) well we was out say to minuites before his engines sounded like it was crunching :o well.... we both wheeled our bikes home his moped and my yamaha ybr (6 miles) and found the electric start popped of and was gettin in the way of the variator put it back on and titend everything up.

When we did it we decided to take the variator of to see if there was any washer restrictors ? it looks like theres two ? one attualy in the variator itself and 1 behind it a little one but dont know which one it is just need a bit of and idea of which and even if they are restrictors we have a technigas racing exhaust on aswell but not gettin more the 35-40mph out of it any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks SkiDennis

Six or seven years ago I had a Vivacity 50cc, and if I remember right when I had it d- restricted they took the washer out and also cut off part of the exhaust underneath where a pipe of about six inches stuck out. After having that done I got about 55 mph top end.