Shakey clutch lever

silverfox
This post is 5385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Need some experienced advice concerning my clutch lever on my XJ600S.

Its a '98 model and in really good condition with FSH etc, but since I bought it (last week) I've noticed that the clutch lever is a bit shakey and needs to be tightened. Whilst a bit of movement isn't a problem, mine seems to be able to move around an inch up and down at the furthest point from the pivot. I'm surprised because the bike had a service before I collected it from the garage I bought it from.

Is this normal for an older bike? Can I tighten it myself or do I need to go back to the garage for some adjustment?

It still works fine and the gear change is nice and smooth.

Perhaps I'm being a bit picky but any advice would be great! Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mines is the same, I wouldnt worry about it, if you look at the bottom part of the pivot clamp you will see that its angled, i.e. the opening above and below the pivot bolt is kinda like a V on its side, the lever itself has a parallel profile where the bolt goes through, hope this helps :)