dt175 headlight project

Rapco
This post is 5393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone,

im just back from trail riding with my friend. he has a ty175 of 1978 or so and i have a 1976 dt175. he have headlight and i dont, so its sucks at night

the fact is i have no headlight since the last one burned out (the headlight and bulb only make one) and i would like to just replace the set with a new one.

the thing is i run the dt with no battery, so i should i set my thing so that i dont blow my bulbs.

please dont tell me just to put a resistor in the line,

what wattage and 6v bulb should i use and inline with what resistance.

thanks !

Raapco!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a 74 dt175. i use a 12v car headlamp. fits fine. bit dim at idle but fine at drive speed. (my bike is 6v)

the missing battery is gonna be the killer though. if i disconnect my battery i get 36v a/c across the lamp terminals at 6k rpm

if i have the battery connected, i maintain at 14 v a/c across the headlamp terminals at 6k. and 4v at idle

my advice: buy a cheap 6v sealed cell battery (about $20) and hook it up so that it will act as a buffer. its cheaper than a capacitor kit.

i have a 74 dt175. i use a 12v car headlamp. fits fine. bit dim at idle but fine at drive speed. (my bike is 6v)

the missing battery is gonna be the killer though. if i disconnect my battery i get 36v a/c across the lamp terminals at 6k rpm

if i have the battery connected, i maintain at 14 v a/c across the headlamp terminals at 6k. and 4v at idle

my advice: buy a cheap 6v sealed cell battery (about $20) and hook it up so that it will act as a buffer. its cheaper than a capacitor kit.

i think i will just buy a rectifier/regulator that they fit on pit bike and install it on my dt.

thanks.

Raaapco!

i think i will just buy a rectifier/regulator that they fit on pit bike and install it on my dt.

thanks.

Raaapco!

I have a 77 dt 175 twin shock with the bulb blow problem. from this E-Bay seller in the UK I brought a new regulator same as the XT 500 6 volt (pattern part)and a rectifier. Now with a fresh battery I run a 35/35 watt 6 volt bulb, the charging system works great,

This was my way out with a similar problem might be worth a try, small items so postage was not expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-6-VOLT-AC-VOTAGE...id=p3286.c0.m14

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online