YAS3/early RD125 clutch casing actuating arm

foy9999
This post is 5389 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently got the engine cases powder coated on my YCS3. You need to strip out all oil seals and mechanisms that may get damaged by the blasting process or the heat when the powder coat is baked in oven.

To remove the worm drive/clutch actuating arm I had to file the end of the worm drive shaft where it is peened over the metal arm.

When the cases came back nicely painted I had to weld the arm to the shaft as there was no spare metal left to peen over, all the time worrying :unsure: about the heat damaging the new paint or the oil seal. It did work tho. ;)

I want to do the cases on my AS3 and RD125A which have similar mechanisms but the arm is held on in a slightly different fashion:- Looks like some sort of collar pressed in and deformed to hold the arm (241-16342-00 . LEVER, push)to the shaft (241-16341-01 . SCREW, push).

Anyone know how to separate these and re-assemble without resorting to welding :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.