headlight fault

hate_camel
This post is 5385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've noticed on my SR125 that there is a problem with my headlight. Sidelight setting is fine, then I move the switch to dipped headlight and it doesn't get any brighter, but full beam works fine. Any ideas? A friend suggested charging my battery, which is fine I'll just have to buy a charger first. Is it likely to be anything other than a battery in need of a charge? I've had no other signs of flat battery, its starts easily and runs fine. Many thanks, Chris.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I've noticed on my SR125 that there is a problem with my headlight. Sidelight setting is fine, then I move the switch to dipped headlight and it doesn't get any brighter, but full beam works fine. Any ideas? A friend suggested charging my battery, which is fine I'll just have to buy a charger first. Is it likely to be anything other than a battery in need of a charge? I've had no other signs of flat battery, its starts easily and runs fine. Many thanks, Chris.

i sugest checking the bulb and if thats fine have a look at the switch ( might just be a loose connection )

i sugest checking the bulb and if thats fine have a look at the switch ( might just be a loose connection )

+1, there are two filaments in the bulb, have a look with a magnifying glass you may see one broken, if you have a multimeter test them both you should get a reading from each solder point to the metal casing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online