DT250 dead again

maltatrucker
This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Would you believe the DT has done the piston and rings again :angry: and it's a diffrent engine.

Any way the thing is I took the head and barrel of(getting good at this) and found rings shagged and piston knacked but what I found strange is there is oil in the crankshaft as far as I know there should be no oil there,as I turn the engine over with the kickstart the crank comes up soaked in oil.Any ideas lads,is it a full strip down and seals or worse as in crack between crankcase and gearbox.

Cheers all

Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I turn the engine over with the kickstart the crank comes up soaked in oil.

Hi daz , howz the sun [weve not seen it at all this summer] :(

Now .. the oil u be seeing is gearbox oil, smearing a section of crank [ bottom side wen sitting still] shudn!t be any oil in there.

- i thot it was a case of gearbox oil level too high" . check box level just to make shure" . [coz i thot crank dipping in oil wud coz drag] . wot did the rings then ? lack of two-stroke . did u check pump? or are u pre-mixing.? or u blaming the brother again :lol: [ wot a memory ;) i hav eh] is the barrel scored ???

If you have gear oil inside the crank area you probably have a leaking crankshaft seal sucking oil into the 2 stroke side.

You must have a good seal on both sides of the crank shaft. Do a pressure test.

LOl not me brother this time,the engine was second hand and it did heat seize on me once after a full day running around in really hot weather(went up to 41 celcius last week)but left it for a half hour and was ok,funning thing is I premix myself at 25to1 lovely loads of smoke behind me lol barrel ok so might as well get new crank seals and do it properly.

thanks all

Daz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online