pipe modification

jenkovix
This post is 5398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks,

I am wondering how I could drag more sound from the pipes. I have the stock pipes mounted at the moment without any modifications. Bigger sound would be also safer on the roads especially in heavy traffic.

If it would be possible I would like to keep the stock pipes because I like their shape :rolleyes:

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Open up the mufflers, remove the baffles, close mufflers up again.

That will make it louder.

You might need to re-jet to keep the bike balanced.

Opinion is usually divided on whether or not you need to, so have the bike checked pre and post work.

Open up the mufflers, remove the baffles, close mufflers up again.

That will make it louder.

You might need to re-jet to keep the bike balanced.

Opinion is usually divided on whether or not you need to, so have the bike checked pre and post work.

How can I open th mufflers? I can't see any screws or anything.

What about drilling through the slanted outside part and the inside baffle about an inch further?

How - Dunno. I and my elderly neighbours prefer my quiet stock pipes.

But that's how you do it.

Maybe detatch the cans from the pipe and it's something hidden under the conical cover at the front?

Either that, or find some cans with removable baffles that match your aesthetic preferences.

Drilling will make it more noisy, yes, but not that much.

Generally people drill in the end-piece - A few holes in the disc that holds the actual exit pipe.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online