Dt175 steel clutch plates questions

Rapco
This post is 5405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

i was just about to reassemble my new clutch in the basket when i realised that the steel plates are not round thing. they are shapped in a circular but not symetric way.(they are not bent, its their shape)

my question is: how to i install them?

is it a random order or do have to put them all in the same position over the clutch plates?

i didnt wanted to put i back in case i would do something wrong and break all.

any way, im putting it tomorrow night all together so any response in the next 15h are greatly appreciated!

thanks

Rapco(proud owner of a dt175 !!)

ps(is there anything i need to know else than that?)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,

i was just about to reassemble my new clutch in the basket when i realised that the steel plates are not round thing. they are shapped in a circular but not symetric way.(they are not bent, its their shape)

my question is: how to i install them?

is it a random order or do have to put them all in the same position over the clutch plates?

i didnt wanted to put i back in case i would do something wrong and break all.

any way, im putting it tomorrow night all together so any response in the next 15h are greatly appreciated!

thanks

Rapco(proud owner of a dt175 !!)

ps(is there anything i need to know else than that?)

Its something to do with keeping the vibes down and preventing the plates sticking. They should be installed 120 degrees apart. Imagine a clock face the first has the tab at 12 o'clock the second at 4 o'clock the next at 8 o'clock next one at 12 o'clock and so on untill you have fitted all the plates.

Don't forget to start with a friction plate then the rubber ring then the steel and repeat. If you have it right you will end up with a friction plate next to the pressure plate.

Its something to do with keeping the vibes down and preventing the plates sticking. They should be installed 120 degrees apart. Imagine a clock face the first has the tab at 12 o'clock the second at 4 o'clock the next at 8 o'clock next one at 12 o'clock and so on untill you have fitted all the plates.

Don't forget to start with a friction plate then the rubber ring then the steel and repeat. If you have it right you will end up with a friction plate next to the pressure plate.

seems like i have a 1974 dt175 not a 1976.

what the difference are you saying:

the number of steel plates is different:

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycl.../m7079sch221877

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycl.../m7081sch226907

this i why i was not able to lay the plates as you already said it.

anyway thanks for the help!

rapco

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online