Yamaha FZ6 S2 (2008) Model

JAMESUK
This post is 5411 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im really annoyed about this and want to make everyone buying this bike aware of my situation.

First of all I love this great 600cc Yam its great for commuting to work in the summer months, which is the main reason I bought it.

I bought the bike in June 2008, and one of the selling features were the bike was covered by a 2year warranty, and required servicing every 6000miles or Annual.

What i didnt know and had no reason to suspect an issue with was the rip off servicing schedule requirments of this bike.

Apparently if you ride the bike like me "low mieage you are penalised".

Just had the bike 12 months so booked it in to have its Annual service (covered 3361miles) had the work done no problems with my Yamaha Dealer in Hull.

I was advised I would need to bring the bike back in when it covered 6000miles for another service which confused me a little but i was in a rush and decided to look into it when i got home.

Still confused after reading the Owners Manual I decided to contact my Yamaha dealer in Hull, who kindly looked into the matter for me.

If you havent reached 6000miles it needs basically an interim service called an "Annual check" which is what i now understand i had which cost me £112.35p.

When the bike reaches 6000miles (in my case in another 2639miles) it needs another service called a 6000mile service costing me in the region of £185.00p, which to me is totally unfair.

So just to recap im being penalised for doing less miles than someone who does 6000miles a year, because i will need two services to their one service.

How can this be fair and right ?

I took the issue up with Yamaha (uk) ltd customer services and basically got a lady who I would describe as totally unsympathetic to my grievance and just wanted to end the end the conversation with "if you want you can write in to the address shown in my Warranty Manual".

On a final note im not going to let this rest I am going to follow up my complanit in writing to Yamaha (UK) LTD and if i dont get satisfaction I will go further to Trading standards "and write to BBC watchdog and do everything I can to highlight this unfair situation to low mileage users lke me.

I am a Man of principle If Yamaha (uk) ltd do address my grievance then I will come back on here and tell everyone if they really have good customer service back up facilities or not.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

"low mieage you are penalised"?

at the mileage you seem to do its going to be at least another 9 months before your 6000ml service is due and another two years before a 12000ml service is due, so how are you being penalised, by then i will have done 18000ml and had three services so maybe i am being penalised for doing more miles,the easy answer is when your two year warrantry is up to service it yourself most of it is not rocket science.

but i cant see how your being ripped of sorry.

"low mieage you are penalised"?

at the mileage you seem to do its going to be at least another 9 months before your 6000ml service is due and another two years before a 12000ml service is due, so how are you being penalised, by then i will have done 18000ml and had three services so maybe i am being penalised for doing more miles,the easy answer is when your two year warrantry is up to service it yourself most of it is not rocket science,you should be doing periodic maintenance checks on your bike anyway.

but i cant see how your being ripped of sorry.

Hmmmm you really are not a rocket scientist are you "my point is I havent been able to do much miles on the bike so far since i have owned it "due to poor weather and work commitments but intend using it a lot more this year before Autum which will take me over the 6000mile mark """ hence the two services (1) Annual service and (2) the 6000mile service meaning two services 2 payments when one (full) 6000mile service would suffice !!!!

And just to reiterate if you do use your bike over 6000miles a year then yeah you should have to service it more shouldnt you because it needs more servicing due to usage according to the manufacturer !!!!!!

My point is why should I pay more for doing less than 6000miles (if thats what i choose to do) like your choice is to do more than 6k a year which puts you over the Service spec requirment Mr Rocket Scientist !!!!

its every 6000mls or 12 months which ever comes first so as your bike had not reached 6000mls thats why an interim service was done which means your next service is due when you have done 6000mls which means your next service is due at 9361miles not when your speedo says 6000mls.

its every 6000mls or 12 months which ever comes first so as your bike had not reached 6000mls thats why an interim service was done which means your next service is due when you have done 6000mls which means your next service is due at 9361miles not when your speedo says 6000mls.

Thats exactly my point but the Yamaha agent says No it needs one at 6000miles not one at 9361miles like common sense dictates they say an Annual one is less of a service than a 6000Mile one and if i dont have it done again when the speedo says 6000miles then it will affect my warranty because it aint been serviced to Yamaha scheduling !!!!

Im more than happy to pay for a 6000 mile service even if i only do 2000miles that year,it make sense to me but to pay twice a year for two services seems damn right unfair !!!

then i would change the yamaha dealership who is servicing your bike, as that is not my understanding of how it works , nice work if you can get it and no i am not a rocket scientist but have been riding and servicing bikes for 40 yrs my own and the bikes i rode for 22yrs in the army and that was my understanding of the service schedule.but as it is underwarranty as suppose they can do what they want

then i would change the yamaha dealership who is servicing your bike, as that is not my understanding of how it works , nice work if you can get it and no i am not a rocket scientist but have been riding and servicing bikes for 40 yrs my own and the bikes i rode for 22yrs in the army and that was my understanding of the service schedule.but as it is underwarranty as suppose they can do what they want

Its irrelevant how many years you have been riding or working on bikes its nothing to do with it "its good old customer service and being treat fairly in whatever you buy.

"again you missed the point it aint the dealership saying what the service schedules are its Yamaha (uk) they print the service manual schedule and the dealerships have to conform.

This forum site is for people to share information and their experiences of owning a Yamaha "hence" Yamaha owners club.

It makes people aware of good points and bad points of owning a certain Bike and if anyone can learn from my experience of what has happened to me then its mission accomplished.

And as for your quote "its not my understanding of how it works" its now pretty obvious you simply dont know how it works, because you havent been in the same situation (lucky for you) but you choose to respond for the sake of it rather than make a constructive factual comment about my specific circumstances.

The truth is Im being short changed by Yamaha (uk) and im taking steps through their complaints procedure to rectify my grievance and if it cant be resolved then everytime i see a review site i will keep repeating my poor experience with Yamaha (uk) so anyone thinking of buying one in the near future is aware of the standard of customer service back up you get when issues arise.

I have a bath once a year, wether I need it or not. I think you should have your bike serviced (fullly) in a similar fashion.

I have a bath once a year, wether I need it or not. I think you should have your bike serviced (fullly) in a similar fashion.

I couldnt agree with you more !!!!

Its the type of Bath i have issues with on this one !!!!

Yamaha do not need to service the bike. Providing the bike has been serviced in accordance to Yamaha spec then this is good enough not to invalidate the warranty. This rule changed years ago to stop people being tied into a Dealer or manufacturer.

This does not mean you or a mate but an accredited motorcycle company. A Yamaha stamp may have a higher perceived value when you sell the bike. But that is the law.

Can I also add that I have worked on warranties for many car brands, including what most people would consider to be 2nd and 3rd year manufacturer warranties, and also a well known British bike manufacturer warranty scheme.

Yamaha do not need to service the bike. Providing the bike has been serviced in accordance to Yamaha spec then this is good enough not to invalidate the warranty. This rule changed years ago to stop people being tied into a Dealer or manufacturer.

This does not mean you or a mate but an accredited motorcycle company. A Yamaha stamp may have a higher perceived value when you sell the bike. But that is the law.

Can I also add that I have worked on warranties for many car brands, including what most people would consider to be 2nd and 3rd year manufacturer warranties, and also a well known British bike manufacturer warranty scheme.

I appreciate your valued knowledge sir,I was aware of the law change

Many thanks

No problems.

It is not only the fact that the dealers earn out of the servicing but the information retention they are after. As soon as they "lose you" data such as vehicle ownership change, mileage, your personal details (eg change of address) are lost.

They would be able to get some information from the SMMT in terms of the average length of ownership (about 18 Months) but you would disappear from their data radar.

It is not well know but when you buy a new vehicle which has a 3 year warranty for example the 2nd and 3rd years can be covered by a third party warranty company although the book is from that manufacturer.

If you brought a car in the UK from the following manufacturer, franchisee or company around 2000 to 2003 and had a new or extended warranty, I probably had something to do with it. Ford, Suzuki (car), Honda (car), Land Rover, Mazda, Volvo, Daihatsu, Deawoo, TVR, the co-op, Lancaster Group, Alfa Romeo, Renault or Triumph motorcycles plus a few others.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online