1977 DT 250 Pulser Coil

This post is 5402 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone found a source for these problematic coils?

Has anyone replaced one of these?

Can the coils be rewound or repaired if I can't find a used one?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has anyone found a source for these problematic coils?

Has anyone replaced one of these?

Can the coils be rewound or repaired if I can't find a used one?

You could try emailing Electrex World Here they list the DT175 but I didnt see the 250, worth contacting them though. I bought an ignition source coil fro there for my DT175 and although it wasnt right in the resistance value band quoted by yamaha it seems to work ok and was a lot better than the rusty old thing it replaced.

Heres the old one

100_1013.jpg

and the new one fitted

100_1018.jpg

Even if they dont list one for your bike, they may be helpful and if you email them a picture and quote the mounting hole centres they may find it is the same as some other models that the list for.

Nice looking new part.

Thanks for the info.

I will contact them.

Ps. I discovered a factory Yamaha Pulser coil for a 175 advertised on the net, while I was searching for the 250 coil. You may want it as a spare. Just search pulser coil 77 dt175 and is should come up on your search.

Good idea on taking pictures of the part!

You could try emailing Electrex World Here they list the DT175 but I didnt see the 250, worth contacting them though. I bought an ignition source coil fro there for my DT175 and although it wasnt right in the resistance value band quoted by yamaha it seems to work ok and was a lot better than the rusty old thing it replaced.

Heres the old one

100_1013.jpg

and the new one fitted

100_1018.jpg

Even if they dont list one for your bike, they may be helpful and if you email them a picture and quote the mounting hole centres they may find it is the same as some other models that the list for.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online