yz250

This post is 5414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well my cylinder is 70mm bore but the piston is stamped 0.50mm and the #1 or 4 followed by 52p2 is stamped at the top. I have sent for a new 70mm piston, but wanted to know were this other piston is from. any ideas??????? :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Those numbers dont sound familiar to me but if it has a .50 on top it should be 1/2 mm over bore,or 70.5mm. A 70mm piston will be to small now.

my mic says its 70mm,and the mic doesn't lie. The thing is the piston in it now appears to have about 10thousanth slap on the skirt end, and on the top. So i cant help but think this was never the right piston in the first place. Also when i got this bike i tore the top end off only to find the piston in backwards B) .

ok so i got the 70.5 mm from wiseco, this way i can hone it out and make sure it gets a nice cross hatch. <_< wow these are spendy