who has a thundercat

eagle56
This post is 5396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think from memory HE-MAN has one, dont quote me on that :mellow:

I like it. The seat could do with some extra padding. Big tank/good range for a sporty bike. Love the massive old skool indicators, cant see them wee LED ones. Fast enough. If you are tall like me its rather big for a 600 so comfy. Paint schemes tend to be a bit rank. Watch out for the rear shock getting fooked after about 20k and the mild steel downpipes/swap for stainless in the winter when they are a bit cheaper to purchase aff ebay. I find they are only sore on the wrists if you are holding on too tight if you relax they are great. Long distance you will need to loosen your legs every time you fill up but that's the same for most bikes innit?? If you put some Avon Storm ST on it grips great in the wet. Good fun on all roads and better acceleration than a r6 (so am told) ;)

Hope this helps, Kev

Had a thundercat for 11 months now and put 10k on it commuting and a few rides out

great all round bike i use mine all year round plenty of power and comfortable on long runs

get the carbs balanced atleast once a year should help keep the vibration thru the bars down to a minimum

i do an 80 mile round trip commute to work every day

taking it easy you can get 200 mile per tank of fuel

Hi, had my thundercat for 7 years replaced the down pipes for stainless and am now getting the rear shock sorted. Apart from that it starts with only a bit of hesitation after even the longest of winter lay ups and has never let me down. No too clever fly by wire stuff on these babies. 200 miles+ on a run from a tank. Have been all over the country on it and it even survived a trip to hereford on the weekend of the floods. Bomb proof!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online