Thundercat wont go into 3rd from second

jamomac2
This post is 5367 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. I have a 98 thundercat with 50k on the clock. Having probs going from 2nd to 3rd gear. The gear lever feels solid when i try. It goes into gear on 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Any ideas please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all. I have a 98 thundercat with 50k on the clock. Having probs going from 2nd to 3rd gear. The gear lever feels solid when i try. It goes into gear on 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Any ideas please

Firstly, post this up in the sports/streetbike section where you will get a much better response.

Secondly i believe these gearbox issues are quite common in high mileage cat's i'm afraid, its not the first time i've heard of such.

Its fucked if it is what i think it is. 1000+ to fix cause you need to take the whole transmission to get at the problem. not worth fixing unless you have the skillz ursel.

Just go from 1st to 4th, will use more fuel but you will have more fun!!

Its fucked if it is what i think it is. 1000+ to fix cause you need to take the whole transmission to get at the problem. not worth fixing unless you have the skillz ursel.

Just go from 1st to 4th, will use more fuel but you will have more fun!!

shit im thinking of getting one of those

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online