YBR125 2007 Fork seals

gary zxr400
This post is 4571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there need to sort out the fork seals on a YBR125 but cant seam to find out what the size is on them :( can find the official yam part number but can get them from elsewhere if i can get the sizes (probably cheaper as well)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there need to sort out the fork seals on a YBR125 but cant seam to find out what the size is on them :( can find the official yam part number but can get them from elsewhere if i can get the sizes (probably cheaper as well)

i may be able to help, but need to know which bits to measure..

within a few hours, ill have it measured and back up, ill measure these three distances for u:

5104_207890065561_729425561_7454088_3396418_n.jpg

hope it helps

That would be great thanks would also need the depth of the seal if possible from top to bottom as sat in the fork stantion.

Thanks for the help

hope this helps..

5104_207930240561_729425561_7454962_3155137_n.jpg

5104_207930415561_729425561_7454963_1721169_n.jpg

pls bear in mind that i measured it as accurate as i could with a accurate measuring tape.. i dont have one of them vernier gauges :(

and the second picture, thats as descriptive as i could get it, without having to pull things apart.. the mesurement is around the curve, i.e. imagine a string pressed up against the curve - the mesurement of that portion of string..

hope this helps mate..

*edit - just checked up Wemoto - none there!! they stock lots of parts for MANY bikes.. never ordered from them, so dont know about delivery and customer satisfacion.. or you can try ringing a yamaha dealer - i was suprised when i found out my speedo cable cost £11 from the yammy dealer, that was cheaper than ebay ;)

Cool thanks for that mate i was idealy looking for the oil seal sizes which sit under these dust seals but this should help me narrow it down a bit anyway. Thanks

Gary

:( was a verbal punch :P

sorry i couldnt be of much help, if no luck by the next few days, post up here, ill take the dust seals off, and take a measurement for u mate ;)

but would it mean having to drain it, and would it be a somewhat big job? u reckon i can take measurements wihtout making a pig's ear of it? :unsure:

To be honest it would probably be a bit of a destructive job to do just to take the measurements I was hoping some one had them from doing the job previous or had a set waiting to be fitted that they could measure. Thank you very much though for taking the time to help me though it is really apreciated. I think i will end up just getting the bike of my mate who needs them doing and striping one down to take the measurements. Was just looking for an easy/lazy way of getting the measurements lol.

dont know the exact measurements, but if you search ebay for Yamaha YBR125 '05-07' Direct Replacement Fork Seals they come up, at a reasonable price. and going by the name of the auction, it would be 'against the law' to have something different. but then again, it is ebay.

atocp

dont know the exact measurements, but if you search ebay for Yamaha YBR125 '05-07' Direct Replacement Fork Seals they come up, at a reasonable price. and going by the name of the auction, it would be 'against the law' to have something different. but then again, it is ebay.

atocp

here ya go **CLICKY**

• 2 years later...

damn, i have been using Ariete seals 40.5 30 10.5/12 as opposed to Yamaha spec 40.5 30 10.5 and for the life of me i can t get a good seal.

what can i be doing wrong. i even order a new stanchion as it was a little chipped and it is still going wrong - would it be due to the miniscule difference in height of seal?

thanks for replies

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online