RD motor into an XS frame

cafebrad
This post is 5420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondering if anyone knows if an RD 350/400 motor can be fairly easily swapped into on XS 400 frame. i know with some fab anything can go into anything. The rd motors look pretty small so there should be no problem for clearance, just maybe change a motor mount. ??? has anyone tackled this before?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just wondering if anyone knows if an RD 350/400 motor can be fairly easily swapped into on XS 400 frame. i know with some fab anything can go into anything. The rd motors look pretty small so there should be no problem for clearance, just maybe change a motor mount. ??? has anyone tackled this before?

Got to be honest mate i can think of much better places than an XS400 for an RD motor. Thats like mixing peanut butter and chicken tikka. Both are great on their own but mixed..............

If you said XT frame or an IT. That could be a little spicy.......

yes i beleive the XS was single front downtube possibly with the engine aa a part of the frame, so no dont bother i would say, sen a 400 in an FS1E pressed steel frame !!!!

Merv

I realize its not ideal , i have an xs 400 but the motor has decided its to tired to go on. So i was just thinkin for the sake of keeping it the same size displacement and likely getting a needed power boost, it would be cool.

I realize its not ideal , i have an xs 400 but the motor has decided its to tired to go on. So i was just thinkin for the sake of keeping it the same size displacement and likely getting a needed power boost, it would be cool.

The XS frame would never be right with the little rd motor dragging it around, it may be powerfull but its only torquey in comparison to other strokers.

If you fancy a challenge and something with a bit of oomph for your XS what about a TDM lump, bet that would work out a bloody site cheaper than an RD.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online