My R6

CORRIEBOY
This post is 5434 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2001 R6 with a few mods evotech tail tidy & mini indicators at back,flush fit at front, renntech grab rail, ohlins steering damper with harris polished fitting kit,ohlins fork internal springs, swing arm bobbins. was planning on doing a front end transplant this winter eg upside down forks to keep the bike looking modern,was wondering if any members have done this mod ? if so would appreciate as much info as possible have seen conversion done with R1 forks, can you do it with later R6 forks or is it a total waste of time ? cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mate, i've converted my r6 to the r1 usd forks and and transforms the handling, looks gorgeous aswell, quite easy to do if you've got the right bits, as far as i know you could use the newer r6 forks but you'd have the issue of changing the front wheel to that same year as the forks cos the axles, spacers and wheel fitment arnt the same whereas the 5eb r6 front kit is the same as the 4xv r1 apart from the yokes obviously, heres them fitted to mine

DSC00202.jpg

i only needed the bottom yoke as i had a billet ally custom top yoke made, i can write you up some instructions of what to do and what you need if you like, got some pictures of the stages of mine aswell if you wana see

yes would appreciate that thanks looks great with the forks done what tail tidy you got on or is it a flip plate ? also i would have luved to post pics but get message saying administrator wont allow and you are right i am shite with computers

Hi mate, i've converted my r6 to the r1 usd forks and and transforms the handling, looks gorgeous aswell, quite easy to do if you've got the right bits, as far as i know you could use the newer r6 forks but you'd have the issue of changing the front wheel to that same year as the forks cos the axles, spacers and wheel fitment arnt the same whereas the 5eb r6 front kit is the same as the 4xv r1 apart from the yokes obviously, heres them fitted to mine

DSC00202.jpg

i only needed the bottom yoke as i had a billet ally custom top yoke made, i can write you up some instructions of what to do and what you need if you like, got some pictures of the stages of mine aswell if you wana see

Liking the can / system mate ....look good on mine that would ;)

It's just a quick tail tidy a made from carbon fibre and thanks batifan, its an akrapovic evolution system that i cut down and welded up an overlap to fit the racefit to it. It sounds exactly like the gp bikes, absolutely awesome n gives you chills down your spine when riding! Corrie if you pm me with your email address i'll get some instructions knocked up for you and crack some pictures in so you can see what to do

DSC00202.jpg

hi i want to do this to my r6 please can you give a list of parts needed and also what changes on the bike i.e is the bike higher or lower ,distances between things ,ignition key , steering turn ,handel bars hitting petrol tank ,cable lengths ,can i still use r6 sreering damper ,things like that ,many thanks steven

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online