Untechnical question

Guest bobbyo
This post is 5441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest bobbyo

Just bought the bike with messy tank pad dots and my lovely wife has just bought be a new YZF R tank pad for my birthday! The question is, once I have peeled the dots off and a sticky mess is left behind, what do I get the sticky mess off with that won't damage the paintwork? Very basic question I know but don't want the paint to peel off too!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just bought the bike with messy tank pad dots and my lovely wife has just bought be a new YZF R tank pad for my birthday! The question is, once I have peeled the dots off and a sticky mess is left behind, what do I get the sticky mess off with that won't damage the paintwork? Very basic question I know but don't want the paint to peel off too!

Surprising in many cases WD40 works to get sticky stuff off. Otherwise something like Goo Gone would probably work.

Hi,

Either Deisel or kerosene will do the job without any paint damage. These two are also great for getting rid of squashed dry bugs from your fairing and engine.

Regards.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online