fz600 re paint

oldtimer
This post is 5417 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i have thought for a while of changing the colour of my fz maybe keeping it the same but no i decided its my bike who cares started off doining the wheels kept them white.

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00788-1.jpg

after that because they came out ok decided to strip the bike down and do the rear panels and fairings

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

well decided to paint it red (drivers must see me now)

first coat looked more orange but as it dried starts to look more red

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

final coat and some decals

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

just the petrol tank to do now but as i have no garage rain stops play so time for a brew

DSC00819.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

finished now but will need to re do the fairings and tank again due to bloody flies and rain,must be great to have a garage! done the cush drive rubbers while i was at it and new mot so in total the bike now stands me at £418. 78p

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

nice but he back seat pannels are a bit plain a nice fz600 sticker would look good :)

thanks for your comment, have got the stickers on order but the guy is on holiday till the 22nd.

thanks for your comment, have got the stickers on order but the guy is on holiday till the 22nd.

ahh ok :) should look the bee's knees then :P

Did you just use spray tins of paint , did you use any primer and how many coats did you give it .

Its a nice job but i do agree about the back panels , will look far better with the stickers on , well done . :thumb:

Did you just use spray tins of paint , did you use any primer and how many coats did you give it .

Its a nice job but i do agree about the back panels , will look far better with the stickers on , well done . :thumb:

hi, used spray cans hammerite smooth red but it looks more orange ,rubbed it well down with wet and dry then two coats of primer, rubbed down again with 1200 wet and dry three coats of smooth red it was all going well till it started raining and flies got on the tank,no garage so did it outside not ideal ended up hand painting the tank but it looked a mess but as i was going out with a couple of the lads from here rushed it ,have now stripped the tank down and redone it this morning and it looks a lot better, it says metal paint on the cans but as i was spraying metal and plastic gave it a try looks a lot better now,out at weekend with the lads so no doubt they wil tell me! lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thats not a bad job considering its an outdoor can job!! my bro painted his FZ in yellow, not my cuppa tea lol.

I just bought an FZ600 last week in red it looked great in the pics but up close it needs re-doing and some fairing repairs...i was considering paying to have it done but it might be very expensive so i might do it myself in the shed.

One prob my bro had was after applying the laquer and leaving it to dry for a few days it started to give the appearance of crazy paving! he has re-sprayed it 3 times now, also he accidently spilled a little fuel on one of the side panels and it ruined the paint work a bit..not sure what type of paint he used think it was acrylic based.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online