YBR125 2007 on Michelin Sporty rear

mjk78
This post is 5441 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I bought my first bike last night - an excellent condition YBR125ED in red - which I'm very pleased with and sounds & goes much better than I thought it would. However, I have a 'newbie' question, so bear with me:

The previous owner had it serviced last week and a new rear (Michelin Sporty) fitted; the front appears to be the stock tyre. I don't doubt the tyre's a good model, but is the mismatch between tyre types likely to cause noticeable handling problems and, perhaps more importantly, how would an insurance company view this non-standard tyre, given that the YBR's manual states that only CHENG SHIN type tyres are approved by Yamaha?

Cheers,

Mike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All,

I bought my first bike last night - an excellent condition YBR125ED in red - which I'm very pleased with and sounds & goes much better than I thought it would. However, I have a 'newbie' question, so bear with me:

The previous owner had it serviced last week and a new rear (Michelin Sporty) fitted; the front appears to be the stock tyre. I don't doubt the tyre's a good model, but is the mismatch between tyre types likely to cause noticeable handling problems and, perhaps more importantly, how would an insurance company view this non-standard tyre, given that the YBR's manual states that only CHENG SHIN type tyres are approved by Yamaha?

Cheers,

Mike.

I suggest you take a read up around the forum.. pardon my french, but the cheng sh*t's are a whole load of danglies!!

I have a ybr125 myself (join the club ;) )

The stock tyres were absolute rubbish in the rain, and the sporty is one of the most common choices for this bike.

Personally ive got a pair of michelin m45's (mechanic couldnt get the sporty's at that time), but id deeply recommend getting the front changed to a michelin sporty..

Take a quick search around, and you'll probably get a whole load of threads about the uselessness of the original tyres :thumb:

and :welcome: to the forum, happy and safe riding!!