TTR125 CDI on XT125X?

pruttmannen
This post is 5198 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! Ive been looking for some performance parts for my XT125X -05 and found a site with alot of stuff for the TTR125 (same engine) and they have a high performance CDI Unit, will it work with my XT125?

Second question: Does any1 have a wiring diagram for the XT125? :)

Edit: I got a wiring diagram by email from Yamaha, if any1 needs it, its here: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/XT125%20%5C%2705%5C%27.pdf

PS. Ive seen alot of posts were people want to increase the performance of their XT125, check this site out: http://www.procycle-online.com/bikepages/ttr125.htm they have alot of nice stuff. DS.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I havent really done anything to it yet, exept changing sprockets for better acceleration and putting on another silencer.

But as soon as it has gone through the inspection im gonna lighten the flywheel (heavy as shit), put on 30mm carburator, performance camshaft, open airfilter and perhaps a bigbore kit but that one im not sure of ;)

• 7 months later...

Has anybody found a performance cdi for the xt 125?? i have an 05 plate and am desperately trying to find one...

PLEASE HELP.

Also does a standard TTR cdi fit the XT???

Any help much appreciatedd

I manufacture CDi units for older Yams. I'd say its possible but unlikely you'd be able to swap units between the models. They don't like units that are interchangable and go to great lengths to make sure they aren't.

That said its worth trying, some do slip through the net.

What makes these 'performance' units? There isn't much you can do to an ignition box unless its digitally programmable!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online