dt175 exhaust

DirtyDT
This post is 5470 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I need to get a new exhaust. Both parts but I am interested in the expansion part. The one I have has been welded near where it meets the cylinder but seems to have been welded at the wrong angle. I have read that this is a common place for it to break. Having a good search for previous threads on the forum It has been said that the DT125MX exhaust is the same. I can old find "big one" systems. Are there any others I can look at? Also the "big ones" seem to be designed to slip into the fitting on the cylinder. I am guessing that the bracket that fits to the exhaust port slides over the pipe and then a copper gasket fits tightly over the end of the end of the pipe and when fitted the pipe is helped to be supported at the front by the exhaust spring. There is a "big one" for sale on hebay Here Any recommendations - or not - on these??

Does this look like the correct one please?

I also need the connector between the pipes. Is this a dealer part or can I get one elsewhere?

A bit peeved today as it is raining and I wanted to remove the carb and strip it. I will get it off today and hope it brightens up. The good news is that I vehicle checked the bike yesterday and it came back clear. I normally do this before buying any vehicle but the bike was only a couple of hundred quid and I din't have time to get the reg from the previous owner. I was not worried about the ownership just if it had been total lossed.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got myself a 'Big One' expansion pipe from ebay yesterday, its a used one and will need some preperation a a re-paint (Its not the chrome one), they are a good quality aftermarket pipe for these bikes, you do see them crop up occasionally, sometimes OEM ones and sometimes gianelli typeand other ones too, That one you have found looks ok for the money but dont buy the big one tail pipe from ebay yet...I have seen them cheaper somewhere else. As for the joint between expansion pipe and silencer aftermarket ones dont tend to use them, they are usually a slip on arrangement

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online