I got my bike to get spark guys.

brandaha
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

okay so most of you may not remember me what with all the fly by night new members coming on to just figure out something and leave. I bought my 1986 yamaha fz 600 about a month or two ago from this buddy of mine. and it wasnt running at all when he gave it to me and then after about a week i got crank and for the next like 3 weeks i work on the electrical system getting things like the light wired up correctly and that type of stuff. I am pleased to say after much toils and labo

r and pain i was able to get the spark on port 4 {i havent checked the others yet} but im sure they work fine too. I would have to say that i mostly owe all my success to gareth or as you all may know him oldfz he told me exactly what i needed to do to get the bike up and going and it was as simply as cutting a wire on the bike and boom i saw a little blue spark on my brand new ngks im so excited now is to get some combustion and get the from tire fixed and clean up my wiring mess and get it all tucked back into the bike properly. then paint and licensing. I want to thank all of you who responded to my earlier post and gave me the needed insight to get the job done. again thanks so much.

Brandon a.k.a Brandaha.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I rember last year i had the same problem 2 weeks to get a spark, i took the wife out for a meal as she had 2 weeks of hell,

have you not tried to start it yet, then you will be happy when it fires up goog luck

hobbo

I rember last year i had the same problem 2 weeks to get a spark, i took the wife out for a meal as she had 2 weeks of hell,

have you not tried to start it yet, then you will be happy when it fires up goog luck

hobbo

oh yes man i sure have i got the spark and the air and the fuel and now the b!tch runs so im going to be getting my license and it registered this next week hopefully i will get the permit for a few weeks so i can test if im truly going to like riding this bike and everything but im painting it currently i will have to set up ad video on youtube for all here to see and post it in a topic also upload some pictures from my 3.1 camera and then shoot them off to the website im kind of going for a streetfighter look i don't like all the plastic farings all over the place so i took of the engine cover ones on both sides of the bike. I am so excited to finally have this guy damn near done. just cant wait im going to try and ride this thing like every day. how hard would you say it is to pass the written, and the driving test on a bike. similar to the first driving test in a car or much worse. anyways before thursday next week i need to get a 3 trip permit and my tire install on the damn bike cause my current one aint holding air worth sh!t I even put a bottle of that fix a flat gunk in and that really didnt help much at all. i wish i could mount my tire myself here at home so i could get that done before thurday and take it for a spine.

oh also i got most of my riding gear given too me brand new from a buddy, and they say nothing in life is free. I beg to differ... LOL anyhow thanks for the reply have a good one.

Brandon

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online